All 84 art Reviews

Deadshot Deadshot

That's a nice design! I just think its a little bit confusing (specially on the head and shoulders area). It's about the contrast I guess (white vs white = no contrast) but yeah,if you pay attention you can clearly see everything but its nice to read the image on the first sight,know.

Portrait of my Friend Portrait of my Friend

This is awesome! I just noticed some spots that you can work more (some hair details,chin shadowing and the right cheek) but still a great image. Maybe some more highlights on the glasses reflex too. Good job!

MartsArt responds:

Ohh thanks ;) but I can't work on this anymore, this is not some rendered portrait or fine art, this is just 75min study, but when I think about it I didn't mention it in image description.

EYE HAVE YOU EYE HAVE YOU

Just need to be more refined in my opinion. Little mistakes on the lineart and shadowing/coloring but yeah,just need some final touches to be better :)

Spidey Spidey

maybe something more curved on the torso area. Also the right hand must be bigger to cover the forearm and elbow (its a damn tricky thing to paint hahah. Had a bad time trying to figure it out,but I still feel a difficulty to make something like that). The head format is odd xD
Also, maybe higher shoulders and higher legs + a more curved body gesture should work out for a spider-man action pose.

Goblin chief Goblin chief

I KNEW IT! very noticeable Even inspiration haha

SimonT responds:

yes yes ;D however, I try to not look at his work while I am working

Dragon hunter Dragon hunter

Watchout for the shadows! The woman have some wrong shadows (placed in wrong surfaces,for example,the side/back of the hood). Try to study shadows and volumes from 3D models :)
The sunrays are good to set up the mood of the environment,but in this case,it helps to focus on the character,but² the character doesnt have a great contrast composition and the sunrays makes that area too bright . Try to play around with rimlight on the main figure (the hunter and the dragon, for example) and make the sunrays not too much bright.
The mouth of the dragon is kinda weird,but easy easy to fix. Just search some animal-ish mouths and teeth as reference. The same thing for the horns.

And here's some tips: when Im doing something complex (like an illustration with hard composition,multiple characters,environment,focal point,etc) i always make a black'n'white layer of planification,so I can have a better idea of background,middleground and foreground (just to make things more clear to the eyes,know.Trying to get everything in place,avoiding a confusing image). Also, another thing Im used to do - I flip the canvas to check out the balance and other stuff. It's weird to explain,but you kinda see things you can't see in the original canvas position.

Ohdamn what a long coment hahah
hope it helps ^^

DolTiSh responds:

I agree with what u said man. I actually just keep adding more things on a whim for this piece while giving myself a lower time limit, so it kinda ended up like this.

Female portrait Female portrait

nice work on the eyes!

Dragon sketch Dragon sketch

dammit
this is so Amundsen!
you just missed the other horn.Besides that,nice volumes and lightning! great contrast

Betrayed Betrayed

Nice one. I would recomend you to work with light to point directions and help the viewer do focus on something important. For example,you could make a rimlight or a stronger light in the main character to make him a focus, just like you did with the solid white faces glowing in the dark. Work with contrast to have even more interesting artworks!

Red Horned Monk Red Horned Monk

Great design and color pallet!